Twenty One

Friday, November 20, 2009
it took me a while to really realize that i am 21. all of my life i’ve wanted to be someone. maybe not a miracle maker, but perhaps a pinch of a prayer. a soul shaker. not much of a risk taker. could be a barrier breaker. you only weigh as much as your wings can hold. is my age a number? add a handful of zeros and you have one tenth of how many miles i’ve traveled in the past month. take the "1" off the end of 21, and you get the number of real friends i have. twenty one is also the number of days where i last met my mother and have lunch with her. the number twenty one isn’t just my age. it’s my life.

growing up is a hard mirror to stare into. it’s like spilling all of your coins on the floor, or like trying to ride your bike for the first time without walls in between and falling down and scraping your knee. growing up is trying to remember your dreams when you wake up, and trying to determine which is reality and which is just an inner part of your subconscious mind. the ones that are bad, you pay no heed to it. those that're good, you believe and dwell upon it. wholeheartedly.

when waking up each and everyday…i open my eyes to an open sky. not literally, i prefer sleeping under a roof…but to a day of endless possibilities. who knows what the day holds. today could be a normal day. but one thing for sure, it will always be the day i look god in the eyes and shake his hand. and be really thankful for what he had showed me for the past years, and what he had gave me for the past month.

IMG_00891

No comments:

Post a Comment